Wednesday 4 June 2014

When I Pray for You ....

dear writers

to me you are not namesless writers
on listserve
in the membership list
on my gmail contacts...
 
 
                                      
 As members of Inscribe each of you is an individual -- you have hopes, dreams, talents, fears.

As your Spiritual Advisor for Inscribe I have written each one of your names on a river rock, so that I may hold you in my hand as I pray for you.

This morning each one of you were prayed for by name.      I don't promise that each day, but I do get through the list every week or so individually. 

 
I know that as it says in James 5:16
 
"The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much."
 
In closing I share with you another sojourners
journey with prayer for our group.
 
Be ever blessed,
Sheila


Ever since the call for daily prayer was sent out on ListServe, I have woken every morning with an urgency to pray for InScribe. As well, Bobbi's movement for prayer over word warriors has inspired a persistent nudge to pray for the mission field of writing. It is hard to wrap our heads around the magnificent work of our God, I couldn't fully understand His mightiness if I tried. I do understand though that we are called to pray, so that is what we must do. Thank you to each and everyone of you faithful servants of Christ's message.

Oh Lord, may you watch over your children who write. Guide our pens and all our ways. In the name of Jesus Christ I pray. Amen

Melanie Fischer

5 comments:

  1. this is powerful Sheila. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thank you so much for your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your prayers Sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe that when one is burdened to pray, it could be that another is unable to, for a time. Thank you for praying until I can do it myself again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your prayers, Sheila. I love that tangible word picture of you picking up a rock and praying for the name on that rock as you hold the rock in your hand. I believe it's how Jesus prays for us too. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete