Thursday 29 May 2014

ACCIDENTAL PRAYERS

There are moments in life we wish had never happened.  This week was a time for one of those in my life.

Thinking about many things, like getting vanilla for baking cookies, something I should never run out of as a single item.  Perhaps also the mushrooms I shouldn't splurge on to make feta stuffed chicken. The cost of living, how my bank account was in overdraft, the upcoming trial for a sexual assault that I was a witness for, the fact my son doesn't hand in homework, and how lovely the sun was. 

A multitude of things swirled in my head, I noted the white dodge ram truck and trailer parked sideways across the stalls in the parking lot.  The bright sun above the parking lot light, the spot I wanted to park in as I knew the white truck would have to go around me if I parked there.  All these things but I didn't see the red 2013 car that my vehicle decided to collide with.   Completely, sadly never saw it.

The last few days have pushed aside my to do lists, my tasks, my thoughts, my prayers.  I have been praying for other writers all week.  Now I don't even know what to pray in this other new world.

I know I started praying immediately for the other people, for the police, for the insuarancce company, for the doctor, the psyiotherapist, the body shop, the rental car agency. So many people I didn't know before the accident.  So many more to pray for, and encourage with gratitude for their help in this accident.

I wrote a note to my insuarance adjuster about his kindness - he wrote back immediately thanking me. 

My prayers to write things that impact people for God, they are happening this week.  It is through the accident prayers I have been praying and the way God is using my gratitude for His kingdom in this instance I never wanted to go through.

I am not grateful for this accident - but I am grateful for His mercies and the overwhelming abundance of opportunities to use my words correctly and for His glory.

Sheila

4 comments:

  1. Sheila,
    Thanks for sharing how God is working through the accident to draw people closer to Himself. We never want to go through those dark times, but we have to in order to reap the results. May God continue to heal your body and use you to honor HIM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pray through it all! Thanks for being a faithful prayer warrior Sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx for sharing so honestly, Sheila. One thing that occurs to me is our propensity to mentally multi-task, as you so aptly described. For myself, I've been warned by the Lord that driving is NOT the time to think and plan (I have been know to write myself notes while driving. Sigh.) Instead, he has me sing praise tunes while I drive, and pray for others on the road.

    But after the fact, the prayers, the blessings, the sharing of the Lord's goodness that come come from the accident remind me that He will bring good from all things for those who love him. Ours is a faithful God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me think of that verse in a favorite hymn of mine...What a Friend We Have in Jesus

    'oh, what peace we often forfeit, oh, what needless pain we bear, all because we do not carry everything to God in prayer'. Thank-you so much for your living testament of love and faithfulness.and for the reminder of the power of prayer!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete